London Appreciation Post: Part 2 - Covent Garden ♡





Next up on the London Appreciation list was Covent Garden. I went here the weekend I met up with Jackie. I've always loved Covent Garden, it has such a great atmosphere and is always full of people, great food, street performers, stalls of handmade crafts and of course all the gorgeous little shops like Dior, Neal's Yard, Chanel, Burberry and many beautiful others that I could barely afford to breathe over the threshold of. It also holds 
many gorgeous restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries and quirky little knick-knack shops where you could get lost in a wonderland of...STUFF for lack of a better word!

As it was Valentine's Day (London really do go all out), the British Heart Foundation had this cute little structure set up just outside Covent Garden's main Market Hall. As you can see it spells L-O-V-E and the letters were made of out a kind of caging. You could purchase a padlock for £2 and 'Share the Love' by writing your name, you and your loved ones name/friend's name, a nice message, and attaching it onto one of the letters. I thought this was a really sweet idea and it was touching to see how many people did so with loved ones, friends and family. All the proceeds from purchasing the padlocks went to the British Heart Foundation and I just thought the entire thing was such a lovely idea, and an effective way to raise awareness and to encourage support of this important charity. 

Godiva Chocolate Covered Strawberries. I'm going to go on record and say these, along with Hummingbird Cupcakes and Ladurée Macarons are one of the tastiest sweet treats EVER. Such a simple idea but the combination is genius. Quite pricey for what they are but so SO worth it. Thank you, Godiva, for setting up a store in Covent Garden. These HAVE to be tasted to be believed.

Are you sensing an underlying food theme to these posts? What am I talking about, there's basically an underlying food theme to my life. Brace yourselves, people.

This was not quite as lengthy a post as the last one but do stay tuned, there is plenty more to come!
I hope you are enjoying this London Appreciation series, I would love to know your favourite places in London if you have been, and if not where would you like to go? Feel free to leave comments, I'll be sure to reply :)

Thank you for reading,

Siofra




P.s. Follow me on Instagram (@siofiee150112) for more travel photos and life updates!



CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Back
to top